Defense PhD in Economics, University of Zurich, Switzerland (July 2012)
Visiting Fellow: Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York City, US (Fall 2011)
Buch, Claudia, Cathérine Koch and Michael Koetter (2013): ”Do Banks Benefit from Internationalization? Revisiting the Market Power-Risk Nexus”, Review of Finance. 17(4), pp.1401-1435.
Buch, Claudia, Cathérine Koch and Michael Koetter (2011): ”Size, productivity, and International banking”, Journal of International Economics, 85(2), pp.329-334.
Buch, Claudia, Cathérine Koch and Michael Koetter (2012): ”Causes and Effects in International Banking: What can we learn from micro data?” in European Central Bank, Central bank statistics as a servant of two separate mandates -- price stability and mitigation of systemic risk, Frankfurt, pp.192-212.
- Basten, Christoph and Cathérine Koch (2013): "House Prices, Mortgage Demand and Mortgage Supply: Causal Evidence from an Immigration Shift-Share Experiment" (available upon request)
- Koch, Cathérine (2012): "Risky Adjustments or Adjustments to Risks: Decomposing Bank Leverage" (available upon request)
- Buch, Claudia, Cathérine Koch and Michael Koetter (2011): "Crises, rescues, and policy transmission through international banks" Deutsche Bundesbank Discussion Paper No 15/2011.
- Fiorentino Elisabetta, Cathérine Koch and Winfried Rudek (2009): "Microdatabase: External Position Reports of German Banks" Deutsche Bundesbank Technical Documentation
- Buch, Claudia, Cathérine Koch and Michael Koetter (2009): "Margins of international banking: Is there a productivity pecking order in banking, too?" Deutsche Bundesbank Discussion Paper No 12/2009.
Basten, Christoph and Cathérine Koch: "On the Eve of Basel III: How bank characteristics shape mortgage pricing in the booming Swiss market"
Duewel, Cornelia and Cathérine Koch: "International Banking Research Network: The German View on Liquidity Shock Transmission and Internal Capital Markets"
- AEA/ASSA, Philadelphia, (accepted)
- 2nd Annual Conference on Global Financial Stability, Sydney, Australia
- International Banking Research Meeting, Potsdam, Germany
- AEA/ASSA, Chicago, US
- ECB statistics conference, Frankfurt, Germany
- European Economic Association (EEA), Malaga, Spain
- Verein für Socialpolitik (VfS), Goettingen, Germany
- European Meeting of the Econometric Society (EEA/ESEM), Oslo, Norway
- Conference on Bank Structure and Competition, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Chicago, US (joint paper presented by M.Koetter)
- Joint Workshop of the Center of Financial Studies (CFS) and Deutsche Bundesbank on “Interconnectedness of Financial Institutions”, Frankfurt, Germany
- Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), Fribourg, Switzerland
- European Economic Association (EEA), Glasgow, UK
- Verein für Socialpolitik (VfS), Kiel, Germany
- Financial Management Association (FMA), New York, US
- Presentation at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Cleveland, US
- UniCredit Conference on Banking and Finance, Milano, Italy
- Macroeconomic Research Meeting, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- Meeting on Globalization, Investment and Services Trade, Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), University of Milan, Italy
- CESIfo Conference on Banking and Institutions, Munich, Germany